Motivation is the driving force behind everything that we do. It is our inner fire that pushes us along. Once our motivation begins to slide, so do we.
One of the biggest factors in depleting our motivation is ENERGY.
Everything we do requires energy. When we feel tired and lethargic, our first response is to not feel like doing anything, let alone getting out that front door for a run or going to the gym.
Here are some practical tips that can help to get you moving.
- Sit quietly for 5 minutes and practice deep breathing as this can give you an instant energy boost.
- Add Visualization to your deep breathing – See yourself giving it your best and how great you will feel after you finish.
- Now add Positive Self-talk – Repeat your own powerful affirmation such as I am so driven and determined to achieve my fitness goals.
I love to workout. I love to feel strong.
- Set very clear and realistic goals which keeps you focussed.
- Remind yourself of your purpose. This is your why you set your goal in the first place.
- Put on some powerful music. Nothing can boost energy and change your attitude as quickly as some motivating music.
- Have a workout buddy so you can keep each other accountable.
- Mix your workout up and do what you love to do.
- Make your workout fun and view it as your special “me time.”
- Eat plenty of healthy foods to boost your energy levels such as fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Bribe yourself with a reward. For example, if you workout 5 days out of 7, go and have a massage.
- Tell yourself to just start. You usually pick up after a while, but if not, a light workout is always better than no workout.